Wanted: Onde Onda

Echo7

Looking for genuine Onde Ondas any size or colour.
No fakes or copies please.
0832 triple zero 364

Ben REINERS

Sealiner
Staff member
Good luck in yr endeavour's, I managed to
get 1 some 2 years ago.
Let me know if you get many doubles, but I doubt.
_seal1_

Hi you can try the following tackle shops below some have old stock maybe ur lucky..

Tuckers tackle
Eddlesgas and tackle
Suburban Tackle
Great white sport
Big catch
Ganis angling
Basil manning

You might get lucky.good luck.

Echo7

Well I got VERY lucky, a kind gentleman in Cape Town sold me 3 BNIB lures for an undisclosed price.
Problem is I dont know whether to fish them or frame them.

Attachments

• onde_onda.jpeg
    onde_onda.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 72

Echo7

Actually I was going to open a new thread comparing the legendary Onde to whats available currently. I know the DUO Pressbait is quite popular. Are there any others?

Rapala lures
Live target
Also get yourself swimming minnows the minnows swim while you retrieve..these are all fantastic lures. But they are abit expensive all depends on what you going to target..

Ben REINERS

Sealiner
Staff member
Echo7 wrote:
Actually I was going to open a new thread comparing the legendary Onde to whats available currently. I know the DUO Pressbait is quite popular. Are there any others?

Plenty has been written about the Onde Onda lure, its disappearance & it's successor or imitations on the market & lures made by DIY enthusiasts.

Save some money & do a Thread search if you intend buying some imitations to test & compare to do your research.

The current Onda lure distributed & sold by Kingfisher & the Fishstick by Greg Kellerman is the closest I've seen.
Though the swimming action of the Kingfisher Onde not being near the real deal,
but it works, that I will testify to. Suppose it's the added action you as the angler render to it during retrieve that helps alot.

Then I have bought some Onda's "look-a likes" or "Fishsticks" from lure builder Greg Kellerman of East Coast Angling guides (Swindler lures)
They look awesome, swim very good & do produce the goods.

There are many other excellent custom lure builders in South Africa & once very active on SL.
It will actually be great to hear from them & see if they still active & get to hear & see their latest products & maybe get a glimpse of their Onda "look a likes".

I've seen some Onda Onda lures on ebay going for $20 if ur willing to pay but it's expensive..and another problem is getting them imported here..thats also extra money..but ja that's lure fishing.