View single post by Ryan
 Posted: Tue Jul 15th, 2008 02:24 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic

Joined: Mon Jul 16th, 2007
Location: Thabazimbi , South Africa
Posts: 7449
will101 wrote: Hi I'm planning on taking an inflatable (croc) into Botswana, does anyone have any info regarding the import permit required by Botswana gov? Does it even apply to such a small craft. In fact the boat would not even be used in Botswana itself, it will merely be packed away in the car.

Anyone with info please help I will be very grateful!


You can get a temp import permit - costs around 60pula. Your boat will have to go to Gaberone to be sprayed for invasive plants etc - they are exceptionally painfull in this regard but it is for the good of the countries water ways. Where do you plan on using the duc? in the delta

[size=Botswana] department of water affairs

[size=Plot number 25019]

[size=Old]Lobatse Road


[size= ]

[size=Mr. Meyer 00267 360 7161]

[size=Duduetso 00267 360 7172]

[size=Fax nr. 00267 390 1981]

[size=Attached are the contact no's for th boat permit office they are extremely efficient and helpful (would swear it was a first world country. PM you e-mail addy and I will send you the permit application form.]

[size=All the guys in my club have just organised transit permits to go to the caprivi and it all went smoothly with no hitch. Only one small Probs you have to collect the boat permit in person before you can bring it into the country or get someone to collect it on your behalf.]

[size=Hope this info helps]