ST. LUCIA MOUTH RE-OPENS!!!!!!!!

Volcom

Sealiner
HEY GUYS, JUST GOT BACK FROM THE MOUTH!!! AHHH IM SHAKING AS IM TYPING THIS!!! ITS FINALLY HAPPENED!!! I HAVE A CLIP TOO BUT DUNNO HOW TO POST IT. HELP? HERE ARE A FEW PICS. 

Volcom

Sealiner
Hi Jonah,

Will do that, thanks!

All of a sudden, grunter between 1.5 and 3kg being caught, the odd salmon and plenty sharks! A local from the reserve area was spotted hauling a mielie sack full of grunter this morning on his bicycle :shock:

Wonder what the NCS going to do now that the mouth open.

Going through this afternoon, keep you guys posted.

Volcom

Sealiner
Upon entering St.Lucia, its clearly visible how much water has pushed up the system.

Attachments

• St.Lucia 9.jpg
    St.Lucia 9.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 375

Volcom

Sealiner
Rumours around that on the 21st or so of March, there is an abnormal Spring time hitting our coast. Anyone hear anytin like that?

Volcom

Sealiner
On the opposite bank (to the right of the pic in the distance) the NCS made a long wall of sand, water broke through last night.... So theres basically a lil island being formed.

Attachments

• St.Lucia 101.jpg
    St.Lucia 101.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 372

Riymos

Banned
Hey there volcom

Wow this is superb news St lucia back on track cant wait to get down there

Tell me do have any info on how this became was it natural or did they finally decide to help nature out and open with machinery

Anyway what eva it is I am truely happy it has finally happened its like getting a birthday present when you were a child, best news I've heard for a long long time

Thanks so much guy you really brought a smile to my face and please any other clips or pics please post so we can see updates 

Thanks

Riyadh Cassim

Jonah

Sealiner
Hey Eugene !

Great pics man, I'm impressed .... It's almost as if I standing there seeing for myself...

Keep 'em coming guy .... See you on the 17th

Cheers !

Jonah

Khani

Hey Volcom,

Regarding the unusual high spring tides on 20/21 March, thats true. There are a few mails on our forum regarding this.

Check our forum under saltwater fishing there is a topic

High tide - Astronomical High tide.

Thanks for the great ST Lucia pics.

Khani

Hi Guys,

Can anyone Remember the reasons NCS gave for not opening the mouth of the ST. Lucia estuary and for closing it when it did open.

The reason I am asking because I think the opening of the mouth this weekend by the cyclonic sea surge makes a mockery of the NCS reasoning.

GOJ

Hi Eugene,

Awesome pics man, good to see St Lucia finally open again, long may it last!!!

The Sunday Tribune reported it as being breached by the sea, which one can well believe having seen the huge long period swell which arrived last week. From what I read in the article was that there was not any human intervention.

The next spring tide we have is going to be one of the biggest variances we have had in a long time, the experts say the biggest in 18 years. I don’t have tide data going that far back to compare.

Anyway check out the tide chart below for March 2007 below with tide heights.

Volcom

Sealiner
Hey there everyone!!

My pleasure indeed. The fact of just being there to see it break through was breath taking!! As mentioned, Mother Nature took its course due to the cyclonic tail end action from Madagascar, some hectic swells made short work of the banks, n broke through.

Rumors are wild in the reason that NCS are gonna bank it up again. Comments? The way i see it... It would have made NO diffrence whether NCS opened it up themselves years ago or today. The result at present still remains the same. To me, they messing around in trying to close it up cuz all they doing is messing wid the ol Haunty of Earth. They said they wouldnt do anyting until it broke through naturally.... An now? It has so wat the  :headb 

Flat out work this week but if i get a gap, ill try get more pics in. To hear the sound of the gentle lap, as a wave caresses the muddy shore line.... Hmm, sounds simple but thats memories of my childhood... and that sounds back again.::S

Jonah, that clip i wanna send is huge!! :shock: Any other ways of sending it? I put into a compressed folder but still takes ages.

Volcom

Sealiner
Jonah wrote:
Hey Eugene !

Great pics man, I'm impressed .... It's almost as if I standing there seeing for myself...

Keep 'em coming guy .... See you on the 17th

Cheers !

Jonah

Hope you doing your push ups buddy!! ::H

No probz! See you then!

Riymos

Banned
eugene when are you going down again let us know

we would love some more info please even if you have any info from the locals

in st lucia that would be great thanks alot for the info really appreciate it .

cheers riymos