SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community Home 
Home Recent Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register


 Moderated by: Trophy, Emperor Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Getting Sealine back on track  Rating:  Rating
 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 05:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
Serra Moz
Sealiner


Joined: Sun Apr 15th, 2007
Location: Marracuene (The Bush), Mozambique
Posts: 4673
Equipment: A - Z (Penn Rules)
Best Catch: Lots and Lots
Favorite Fishing Spot: WorldWideWaters - (Fresh + Salt)
Boat: Got a few that can float
Club: Macaneta Ski Boat Club (MOZ)
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I must admit.... SL is getting a bit better... more posts ect.... Perhaps now with the quarantines / self imposed exile actions.... We might see more posts???

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
Dr halibut hoffman
Moderator


Joined: Wed Sep 16th, 2009
Location: Cape, South Africa
Posts: 2698
Equipment: Shimano, daiwa, a finnor and an elbe.. The rest died. ...
Best Catch: Shimano, daiwa, a finnor and an elbe.. The rest died. ...145cm FL Leervis released (Shore), 80kg+ yellowfin (Boat). 83cm Cracker. ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Kranse en diepsee!
Boat: 15' Skicraft cat.Canoe. Crew on Buttcats.
Club: Ike jime,no club
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
My Gallery: 
Im self quarantined at my favourite fishing spot..dont come near me!!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 11:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
Serra Moz
Sealiner


Joined: Sun Apr 15th, 2007
Location: Marracuene (The Bush), Mozambique
Posts: 4673
Equipment: A - Z (Penn Rules)
Best Catch: Lots and Lots
Favorite Fishing Spot: WorldWideWaters - (Fresh + Salt)
Boat: Got a few that can float
Club: Macaneta Ski Boat Club (MOZ)
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dr halibut hoffman wrote:
Im self quarantined at my favourite fishing spot..dont come near me!!!

LOL.....I will be stuck in West Africa for the next 3 months of more....

Such is life....oh CRIKEY.....


DOES GOD EXIST?....I still say no.... and never!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 08:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
Volcom
Sealiner


Joined: Fri Oct 6th, 2006
Location: Benoni, South Africa
Posts: 2283
Equipment: Stella and Horizons
Best Catch: 153kg Bronze Whaler, 52kg Kingfish and 33kg Kob ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Cape Vidal/Hamburg
Boat: N/a
Club: Virgina AC
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Good Morning Everyone, read through the thread and there are some excellent suggestions. A lot of time and effort has been put into this site from a lot of people and i think its only fair that nothing gets deleted besides the old stickies.

Great to see Doc HH still in the mix! Can i call you ballie now? haha

Couple of us that started on here are still in contact and it would be great to get things revived.

The reality is, as mentioned that social media took over however there is no ways that social media and all its pages put together has the wealth of info that this site has.

I can suggest a few "updated" posts to be added and marketed through various channels to increase traffic on the site again as there are considerably more anglers now than a few years ago and many at that that are mis informed or simply lack some guidance to have a successful trip or to target a specific specie and actually tick it off the bucket list.

Im committed to help so let me know where i can add or contribute.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 08:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
willem wikkel spies
Moderator


Joined: Tue Apr 29th, 2008
Location: Heidelberg, South Africa
Posts: 4313
Equipment: ekt geleer net die beste werk.............................
Best Catch: eish waar begin ek?
Favorite Fishing Spot: noord van die tugela is goed genoeg
Boat: Sea Cat 565 75hp yammies
Club: nooooit nie
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Volcom wrote:
Good Morning Everyone, read through the thread and there are some excellent suggestions. A lot of time and effort has been put into this site from a lot of people and i think its only fair that nothing gets deleted besides the old stickies.

Great to see Doc HH still in the mix! Can i call you ballie now? haha

Couple of us that started on here are still in contact and it would be great to get things revived.

The reality is, as mentioned that social media took over however there is no ways that social media and all its pages put together has the wealth of info that this site has.

I can suggest a few "updated" posts to be added and marketed through various channels to increase traffic on the site again as there are considerably more anglers now than a few years ago and many at that that are mis informed or simply lack some guidance to have a successful trip or to target a specific specie and actually tick it off the bucket list.

Im committed to help so let me know where i can add or contribute.


Ahh, nice having a old scalp back!!!!
you should actually introduce yourself!!!

the basics of fishing has stayed the same.
some tweaks here and there on your style of fishing could assist you in getting positive results.

drone fishing has expanded in leaps and bounds, the technology involved there is another aspect for discussion.

the equipment we are using has also improved a lot.
i do tend to fish with equipment that is still working "why do i need to change a reel or rod if it is still delivering?"

the cost of fishing equipment has risen and fishing competitively is not cheap.
so back in the days, a R 2000 budget would get you far.
now, it might not even get you started!!!

so, where will a newbie need to start?
what will his budget be?
so, what did the dog bring into the room?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 09:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
Volcom
Sealiner


Joined: Fri Oct 6th, 2006
Location: Benoni, South Africa
Posts: 2283
Equipment: Stella and Horizons
Best Catch: 153kg Bronze Whaler, 52kg Kingfish and 33kg Kob ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Cape Vidal/Hamburg
Boat: N/a
Club: Virgina AC
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
willem wikkel spies wrote:
Volcom wrote:
Good Morning Everyone, read through the thread and there are some excellent suggestions. A lot of time and effort has been put into this site from a lot of people and i think its only fair that nothing gets deleted besides the old stickies.

Great to see Doc HH still in the mix! Can i call you ballie now? haha

Couple of us that started on here are still in contact and it would be great to get things revived.

The reality is, as mentioned that social media took over however there is no ways that social media and all its pages put together has the wealth of info that this site has.

I can suggest a few "updated" posts to be added and marketed through various channels to increase traffic on the site again as there are considerably more anglers now than a few years ago and many at that that are mis informed or simply lack some guidance to have a successful trip or to target a specific specie and actually tick it off the bucket list.

Im committed to help so let me know where i can add or contribute.


Ahh, nice having a old scalp back!!!!
you should actually introduce yourself!!!

the basics of fishing has stayed the same.
some tweaks here and there on your style of fishing could assist you in getting positive results.

drone fishing has expanded in leaps and bounds, the technology involved there is another aspect for discussion.

the equipment we are using has also improved a lot.
i do tend to fish with equipment that is still working "why do i need to change a reel or rod if it is still delivering?"

the cost of fishing equipment has risen and fishing competitively is not cheap.
so back in the days, a R 2000 budget would get you far.
now, it might not even get you started!!!

so, where will a newbie need to start?
what will his budget be?
so, what did the dog bring into the room?


::rofl:

My name is Volcom and im a fishing addict

As with most newbies, the question almost always starts with what tackle should i buy. This at large always comes down to someone responding by what they use and why that tackle is preferred. However while no harm is intended, there is alot more to answering a question like that.

The example above is what i will create on a separate post and topic. Please feel free to add.

Post will follow soon.

Oh and what brought me back? :) All the good memories

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 10:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
willem wikkel spies
Moderator


Joined: Tue Apr 29th, 2008
Location: Heidelberg, South Africa
Posts: 4313
Equipment: ekt geleer net die beste werk.............................
Best Catch: eish waar begin ek?
Favorite Fishing Spot: noord van die tugela is goed genoeg
Boat: Sea Cat 565 75hp yammies
Club: nooooit nie
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
sweet thank you mnr.
on reels and rods we need all the info.
conservation minded aspects we need all of the info!!!!

on fishing aspects, well we need to keep some information hidden..........
this in my view, will cause a reader to return as you are feeding them bits and pieces.

just like a never ending story......

if al the info is given at once, then not all readers can digest the info.
so we are graduating our readers over time!!!

if information is missing from a post, then it will create a opportunity and allow other members to chip in and add their experience and info.
thus they become part of the forum.

the days are gone where we were dictated by certain members.
it is still up to us to keep this great forum going forward.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 10:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
Volcom
Sealiner


Joined: Fri Oct 6th, 2006
Location: Benoni, South Africa
Posts: 2283
Equipment: Stella and Horizons
Best Catch: 153kg Bronze Whaler, 52kg Kingfish and 33kg Kob ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Cape Vidal/Hamburg
Boat: N/a
Club: Virgina AC
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
yea, agree with you totally.

Content is largely dictated by the ever changing conditions in any case.

Saw a post on the Eye Lash Viper. Will comment on that post based on feedback from guys actually using them and not the ambassadors as they are mandated to provide feedback to market. Its their job and it wont be fair to detract that from them.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jun 10th, 2021 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
benniejordaan
Offshore Moderator


Joined: Wed Nov 14th, 2007
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 12416
Equipment: A few bits and pieces, nothing special.
Best Catch: Marlin
Favorite Fishing Spot: East coast
Boat: Seacat 520
Club: Fynnlands
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Mis the old Sealine.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jun 10th, 2021 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
benniejordaan
Offshore Moderator


Joined: Wed Nov 14th, 2007
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 12416
Equipment: A few bits and pieces, nothing special.
Best Catch: Marlin
Favorite Fishing Spot: East coast
Boat: Seacat 520
Club: Fynnlands
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Mis the old Sealine.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 11th, 2021 02:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
_zaahid
Member


Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2012
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 98
Equipment: Assassin Sabre with Daiwa bg5000 grinder, Shimano Exage 110 h ...
Best Catch: 46Kg bronzie
Favorite Fishing Spot: the beach
Boat: n/a
Club: n/a
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
@bennieJordaan, I miss it too, it was an extremely exciting forum with all the reports about the weekends fishing... mondays were never blue... I always looked forward to a good read.

And the wealth of information on this site is incredible. I think rather than looking at it from the perspective of people posting less, rather I feel that when they actually search the site, they find what they need, and therefore do not need to post new topics and questions as often. ::slr::

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 11th, 2021 05:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
Arniston
Member


Joined: Sun Feb 20th, 2011
Location: Hillcrest, South Africa
Posts: 103
Equipment: Stealth,Hardy, Daiwa,Penn,Various. Flyfishing,surf fishing,spearfishing(longtime ago)
Best Catch: Black Musslecracker 29lbs,4.75lb Rainbow trout in RIVER.
Favorite Fishing Spot: Arniston,Hole-in-the-Wall and Rhodes
Boat: No
Club: Yes...Natal Fly Fishing Club
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The best poster I ever came across was Daisy from Langebaan.
He sadly passed away some time ago.
We was a superb contributor with countless knowledge of fishing around his location. On top of that he was an outstanding , selfless man who gave us detailed knowledge of his wisdom of fishing topics.
We miss him dearly, even though I now live in Natal , I enjoyed his threads immensely.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 11th, 2021 08:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
_zaahid
Member


Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2012
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 98
Equipment: Assassin Sabre with Daiwa bg5000 grinder, Shimano Exage 110 h ...
Best Catch: 46Kg bronzie
Favorite Fishing Spot: the beach
Boat: n/a
Club: n/a
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
@Arniston, I couldn't agree more with that. I still have some of his posts saved.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jun 12th, 2021 09:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
Arniston
Member


Joined: Sun Feb 20th, 2011
Location: Hillcrest, South Africa
Posts: 103
Equipment: Stealth,Hardy, Daiwa,Penn,Various. Flyfishing,surf fishing,spearfishing(longtime ago)
Best Catch: Black Musslecracker 29lbs,4.75lb Rainbow trout in RIVER.
Favorite Fishing Spot: Arniston,Hole-in-the-Wall and Rhodes
Boat: No
Club: Yes...Natal Fly Fishing Club
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
He had this to say:

Daisy
Sealiner


Joined: Tue Sep 30th, 2008
Location: Langebaan, South Africa
Posts: 1659
Equipment: Daiwa reel,shimano rod,10kg line
Best Catch: cob 27 kg Stilbaai,4,8kg Elf Langebaan
Favorite Fishing Spot: Langebaan
Boat: Viking cabin 90hp Yamaha
Club: Langebaan Yacht Club
Status:
Offline
Mana:
This is a sad day for me...these are top guys that we cannot afford to loose just because of a very small group of people that always talk crap and not share fishing related information.Personally I do understand their feelings as I also get disspointments and nonsense from the few.Thye moment Admin steps in to show a finger,then these few go into attack and bring up their so called rights..yes I am also getting tired of the few and I am sure many others also do.When a foxterrier balks and you kick it,it barks more,but if you ignore it...it goes back to sleep in the corner.
So for the timebeing,I am ignoring their crap!So let`s get on with the fishing and Admin I know you are fed up with playing mr Policeman,but for our sake,get these few out and let`s have our Sealine back please.

Last edited on Sat Jun 12th, 2021 09:53 am by Arniston

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jun 14th, 2021 06:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
Craig Van der Poll
Sealiner


Joined: Mon Jun 21st, 2010
Location: Cape Town , South Africa
Posts: 2870
Equipment: SHIMANO reels, and some sticks to bolt 'em on!
Best Catch: 170.12kg Bronzie on Throw Bait ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: da Brood!!!!!!!!!
Boat: ***********
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The old Sealine kept us busy for hours!!! Just not enough time in the day anymore! I look forward to the revival.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 15th, 2021 07:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
BigBen
Sealiner


Joined: Mon Jun 8th, 2009
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 8040
Equipment: Shimano Tor 20 Tor 16,Rovex Boss 4000,12ft Loomis shockwave, 13.6ft ...
Best Catch: 18.8kg Kob
Favorite Fishing Spot: Dis nou 'n Geheim
Boat: NONE Boating
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
benniejordaan wrote:
Mis the old Sealine.

Wie sal jou nou vergeet..Mr McGyver of spoon developments etc...

Times have changed but not the fishing..we still hunt, release, keep and braai them.

My go to fav of late is masala oven roasted fish like...Red Roman, Black tail and Kob....NOM NOM

Back To Top PM Quote Reply


Current time is 08:14 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4     
SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community > Non-Angling Discussion Area > Lounge > Getting Sealine back on track Top