Lipless Pencils

Jacquesdw

Great collections!! Was going to ask where's the Ima Honey Trap but you answered that.

Have you tried the Tacklehouse Sinking Shad?  Great, very reactive lure.
Rapala have some new Inshore twitch baits that I can't wait to try in South Carolina on the next holday.

Awesome man, thanks for sharing, your photos are epic as always! Those last two, you saving one to replace the other when it is stolen by a big boy? That first one is as chewed as I've ever seen a lure, the toothy critters hate that one that's for sure..I'm surprised you've managed to keep it for it to get so mangled, how many fish have you got on it? :)

blaasoppie#1

Ya, those Honeytraps are deadly, still waiting on my order from Japan...

Dr. Halibut, you are not far wrong, i had to guard those from my mates.

blaasoppie#1

Fortunately my name is not Santa :)

Klapped the Bonito on this Smith Mebapen Magnum a couple of weeks ago, the action is unreal: it swims side to side like a bibbed lure on a straight retrieve...

EugeneC

Sealiner
Cool looking little lure that Blaasoppie! I notice you're using what looks like a chain knot(?) on your lures....interesting choice.

Jacquesdw

Great photos! That pic of the Smith MebaPen is deceiving- it's a Mebaru lure! (7.5g) Looks deadly!
Have you tried the Breaden Minimaru lure?

willo

Sealiner
@blaasoppie
Where did you manage to find that little beaut , been searching the web and cant find one .....
I have a up coming Exmouth trip and recon that it would be awesome on the flats .
Please could you put up the link :)

blaasoppie#1

Willo,

https://web.facebook.com/中村志郎商店-Shiros-Tackle-Box-585616714900940/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Shiro is a great guy and will get you whatever you need.

There is also a clear version, these are the new neon versions...

blaasoppie#1

Jacques,

That Breaden Minimaru lure looks deadly; I use the mebaru lures for skipjack tuna and Bonito where I live as they are so tuned in to small baits...not exactly what the tackle was made for and I get burned off a lot, but it is heaps of fun.

EugeneC

Sealiner
Nice one mate, I tend to use the chain knot only for specific applications, but it always looks cool :) Great photos as always, I always enjoy your posts.

xtc

awesome pics - thanks for sharing

glad im not alone in my addiction to Japanese lure purchases

How you enjoying the 2-10 gram rod. Been using a evergreen light calvary that I need to replace

blaasoppie#1

XTC, am still on the search for the perfect 2-10g rod, the Mebaru and Kudurai rods are mad for small rockfish and most of the fishing is done with the forearm so the butts are too short. I love the Major Craft N-One, just wish the butt was another 10cm longer...

Reckon the elfies are going to bekak themselves when I come down in a couple of weeks...

Little Jack Sayoris Z

willo

Sealiner
@blaasoppie,

Thanks for the link mate , cheers.

Your photos are amazing , loving the colours , they should be on the cover of a prime fishing mag !
Can i ask what camera you using ?

We spend so much time planning a trip , never mind the $$$ value on top , but to have photos like yours is just priceless ..... memories for life !

Thanks again

blaasoppie#1

Thanks Willo, photography is one of my hobbies, so I have spent a lot of time taking photos of lures ...much to my wife's ridicule, but you learn a lot about photography doing so; have a Nikon D810.