Maroek and Kurper bait

zanderdreyer

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding Maroek and types of kurper bait. I know maroek it is some kind of byproduct of the brewing process but what exactly is it? And where can one buy it (I know Henkor sells Maroek but they are currently sold out) ? Can you freeze it? Does it also work well for carp?

I’ve also heard that Kurper like “sour” type baits? I’ve actually had experience with is: I’ve bought a homemade dough type bait from a fishing venue and this dough had quite a sour smell to it, and it caught kurper and carp like crazy. How can one make baits more “sour” ? Some recomend using grain sorghum, and reckon it is also a great kurper attractant. How would you use grain sorghum? Could you mix it into your dough and maybe leave to ferment for a few days to get that sour taste? Will this also work for carp fishing?

Sorry for the million questions! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

buchi

Maroek kan van verskeie graanbronne soos sorghum, mielies en ook gars gemaak word. Dit is die byproduk van die bierbrouery-industrie en is baie hoog in vog ( 70-75%).  Gooi gis of bier by vir sterker reuk.

Meeste viswinkels hier in Pretoria waar ek woon het Maroek, Ulitimate Angling East Lynne, S.A. Hengel oorkant Jakaranda sentrum.

Hoe langer jy maroek buite hou hoe suurder word dit, glo dit sal werk vir karp maar ek gebruik dit altyd vir kurper maar te veel en jy trek duisende ander vissies.  Ek hou myne soms gevries as ek nie wil hê dit moet buite staan nie.

Groete

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)