Wahoooooooo!!

Also these:
They Cost R 100 each unrigged or R275 rigged with a chain gang.
* Head length: 75mm
* Overall length: 350mm
* Head diameter: 28mm
* Insert: Abalone shell
* Head weight: 100g
* Recommended hooks: 9/0

DSC_1141.JPG

Rory

Sealiner
that may be a little tight for those reels pulling mine on big sticks 50w and 80 with 12kg drag

manus

My personal favourite.

Mr. Big by C&H Lures.

9" and 16oz. of mayhem!

Attachments

• mrbig.jpg
    mrbig.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 512

Bwana

During billfish season we always manage a few wahoo on konas and jetheads. I have used the hi-speed trolling technique and it also works wonders using a 2 lure spread set way back, but there is another lure that deserves mentioning as it has accounted for many many wahoo while fishing for general gamefish.

The Halco Laser Pro 160 (Chrome Pink) in the shallow diver or deep diver format rigged with 30cm of no.7 wire and trolled just behind the transom (5m) in the propwash is a lethal weapon especially around Aliwal Shoal. It is a standard lure in my trolling spread if trolling for gamefish at slower speeds (i.e. pulling plastic). There is something about the pink/silver/black combo that drives the Hoo nuts!

Attachments

• chrome pink laser pro.jpg
    chrome pink laser pro.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 427
Bwana wrote:
During billfish season we always manage a few wahoo on konas and jetheads. I have used the hi-speed trolling technique and it also works wonders using a 2 lure spread set way back, but there is another lure that deserves mentioning as it has accounted for many many wahoo while fishing for general gamefish.

The Halco Laser Pro 160 (Chrome Pink) in the shallow diver or deep diver format rigged with 30cm of no.7 wire and trolled just behind the transom (5m) in the propwash is a lethal weapon especially around Aliwal Shoal. It is a standard lure in my trolling spread if trolling for gamefish at slower speeds (i.e. pulling plastic). There is something about the pink/silver/black combo that drives the Hoo nuts!
Great lure not just for Wahoo...

J_Bay

Sealiner
I found this video on Youtube while browsing around. http://youtu.be/YjH3hrvME6o . Apparently these guys have found that Wahoo are often associated with hunting schools of Dorado. After they catch a few Dorado they switch to target Wahoo in that area. Maybe it works the same here??