10ft rod advice

swsmith

Hi guys....i am currently using an exceller 9ft xh for estaury kob on paddletail

I was thinking of adding a 10ft rod to my arsenal but not sure if this is needed.Ive usedthe 9ft in the surf before. I am not sure how much extra distance I would get with the 10ft. I think the exceller maxes out on a 2 once weight...My thinking is a slightly longer rod would ping a 3onze further if you need to reach a dropoff etc...

I have a 10ft exage but this I use for yellowtail and it feels abit stiff for dropshotting with.

I have looked at various 10ft options and am wondering if it is really necessary.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Arno Nel

Sealiner
I am currently in process of getting a dc oval 10'6 being build for me that I will use for spinning and spooning paired with a shimano sarogosa 5000.

The dc oval feels great and has alot of pulling power due to the design of the blank.

U must feel the rods and take what will suite u best

JPG

I have the Raptor 316. It is a very nice rod and it casts well, but i casted with PV9's exceler this wkend and it just feels better. Would def take the 10,6 xxh if i had to buy again

swsmith

Thanks for the reply guys..I have a couple rods already lined up but Im thinking I should follow fishpastes advice and go for the 11ft rod...or even the 10.6...