Lure fishing the surf

Burtie

Johnny2spoons wrote:
Went to Hermanus last year and was very disappointed. Mostly cliffs, rocks and kelp.
The lagoon was very shallow and extremely salty with salt crusts on the sand crunching underfoot as you approach it.
Can't see any fish living in that lagoon.
There are lots of young leeries in the lagoon. Gooi some top water lures for them. Got around 20 last year the one day and also two shad on gill christella jerkshad.

Johnny2spoons

As I type, I am watching the treknetters emptying their net of stacks of Yellows. Large ones.
They only went out about 50m. My estimate is 200 yellows. That is close to R20 000.00 for the 12 guys. Late xmas bonus as they have been trying hard for weeks.

speartackle

Johnny2spoons wrote:
As I type, I am watching the treknetters emptying their net of stacks of Yellows. Large ones.
They only went out about 50m. My estimate is 200 yellows. That is close to R20 000.00 for the 12 guys. Late xmas bonus as they have been trying hard for weeks.

Where is this?

Johnny2spoons

Simon's Town Long Beach. The Komixc truck was here for ages loading up. Tried to buy one but price was R100.00 each from the skipper.

When are we going to realize that its maybe not so sustainable to net entire breeding shoals? We are so backward in SA, while the world is trying to stop deep sea longlining and bottom trawling and practices like trek-netting we are all like go go go. Who gives someone the right to go scoop up entire shoals that the rest of us rely on for restocking our resources. Its a F%#$ing crime to be honest!