NEW FISHING LICENSE TARRIFS!!! URGENT

gbogh

[align=left] Note the following deadline relating to submissions regarding the proposed increases to angling fees:                  
[/align]

Interested and affected parties may submit written comment to Revenue Management at the Department of Environmental Affairs; Branch            Marine and Coastal Management ("the Department"), Private Bag X2, Roggebaai, 8012.

Written comments may be posted by registered mail to above address; or faxed to 086 613 6256; or emailed to revenue@deat.gov.za. All written comments must be received by the Department by no later than 16h00 on 1 March 2010. Comments received after this time may not be considered.
Code:

syler

Marthin wrote:
Sparty thinx tend to snowball.

I know most of the people i've seen take undersize or over limit fish were unlicensed.

But i for one will not pay that amount i cannot afford it. I'll look into it once i can leave my car some place safe in falsebay and fish the whole night on my own without fearing for my life.

I will NOT pay that amount while abalone poachers simply walk onto the harbour at Struisbaai with bags full of abalone without a finger being lifted for example.

Or while litres full of kak is being pumped into falsebay on a daily basis.

I totally agree wif u there Marthin - it's daylight robbery -

Sharkskin

Are the fines increasing as well? If not then screw them... they can fine me R200 if they ever even bother to ask me for my licence. By not having a licence and getting fined twice in a season means that I score.

Marthin

Sealiner
I think the problem is, now that they know almost nobody will buy a licence, it might finally be worth it for them to do a decent check every day.

I cannot see more than a third of the people fishing false bay paying these fees. That means if they go on a saturday and a sunday they can easily issue a minimum of 100 fines of R200 (if they stay the same) per day, that's 40 000 rand for saturday and sunday. Makes good business sense. Simply confiscate the fishing tackle (it was used to commit a crime so regardless of what you've heard they can confiscate it), and you only get it back upon payment of your fine or something to that extent.

You can make more money over a festive season than they make out of all the licences they sell in a year.

saag

I will be sending a mail to this address with my comments as well as a letter by post and fax. I will be asking everybody that I know that fishes to do the same.

I don't think it is going to make a difference, but I will feel better about myself when sitting "illegally" and fish.

gbogh wrote:
[align=left]Note the following deadline relating to submissions regarding the proposed increases to angling fees:                  
[/align]

Interested and affected parties may submit written comment to Revenue Management at the Department of Environmental Affairs; Branch            Marine and Coastal Management ("the Department"), Private Bag X2, Roggebaai, 8012.

Written comments may be posted by registered mail to above address; or faxed to 086 613 6256; or emailed to revenue@deat.gov.za. All written comments must be received by the Department by no later than 16h00 on 1 March 2010. Comments received after this time may not be considered.
Code:

Mangi

Sealiner
I will only have two options if this increase happens, because frankly I will not be able to afford it:

1.) Stop Fishing (It physically hurts me to say this.)

2.) Fish illegally.

Well, in our country, having a criminal record gets you into the goverment. Who knows, maybe they'll give me a job.

Waverunn3r

If  they can guarantee that fish stocks will improve by 10000% and that the fish will be as full up as they were in the old days it would be another story

gbogh wrote:
[align=left]Note the following deadline relating to submissions regarding the proposed increases to angling fees:                   [/align] Interested and affected parties may submit written comment to Revenue Management at the Department of Environmental Affairs; Branch            Marine and Coastal Management ("the Department"), Private Bag X2, Roggebaai, 8012.                Written comments may be posted by registered mail to above address; or faxed to 086 613 6256; or emailed to revenue@deat.gov.za. All written comments must be received by the Department by no later than 16h00 on 1 March 2010. Comments received after this time may not be considered.
Code:

darrenk

Hope the new license comes with complementary roll of line and packet of daichis for that price.... Think about the pure profit that is being made out of this.. Id love to know where the money goes, coz it sure doesnt go to the upgrading of the facilities at our fav fishing spots. Just more fuel money for coastal marine guys to ride up and down beaches all day, NOT fining seaweed/marine poachers who are scraping the rocks bare etc.

Angus

Sealiner
Marthin wrote:
I think the problem is, now that they know almost nobody will buy a licence, it might finally be worth it for them to do a decent check every day.

I cannot see more than a third of the people fishing false bay paying these fees. That means if they go on a saturday and a sunday they can easily issue a minimum of 100 fines of R200 (if they stay the same) per day, that's 40 000 rand for saturday and sunday. Makes good business sense. Simply confiscate the fishing tackle (it was used to commit a crime so regardless of what you've heard they can confiscate it), and you only get it back upon payment of your fine or something to that extent.

You can make more money over a festive season than they make out of all the licences they sell in a year.
Speak under correction, but I am not so sure they are allowed to confiscate tackle, unless written into the statutes. They would be able to confiscate my car for speeding then...lol

At Last

I would like to encourage all SEALINERS to mail them, I have already done so,my increase will be be 320% from R238 per year to R1000, mail address is [revenue@deat.gov.za]

Angus

Sealiner
If they are able to confiscate tackle...then I would most probably buy my fishing permit and skip the bait licence...they're welcome to confiscate my plastic bucket and cheap knife.

saag

Angus wrote:
If they are able to confiscate tackle...then I would most probably buy my fishing permit and skip the bait licence...they're welcome to confiscate my plastic bucket and cheap knife.
ha ha . my wife will be very happy if they take my rooi-aas emmer. She will probably split me if she knows about this.

nizaam

just called my local post office and told that fishing license will cost me R68.00 and bait license R85.00.

Would jus like to know when would these new fees be applicable?

G Spot

My licence cost me R536 this year, with the same items, the new fee will be R2 100, that is a 291% increase...
I sincerely hope I get 291% more service from them?? Watch this space

CAPTAIN MORGAN

CAPTAIN MORGAN wrote:
Lyk vir my hulle is nou heeltemal bef::cavmnk!!!!!, moet ons nou vir SABC,SAL,ESKOM en al hulle ander gemors betaal, dan praat ek nie eers van die "enviromental green tax" op voertuie nie! Nee man, hulle kan 20 kinders he maar kan nie die basics reg kry nie plaas konsentreer hulle op die balangrike issues soos potholes op paaie en sewrage wat ons riviere en see besmet, maar nee dis mos maklik om die easy teikens net aan te hou melk! (`n tiepe van verarming so dat ons binnekort ook niks het nie)

Geen wonder ons is so vinnig op pad na die res van Afrika standaarde, kyk maar net na ons infrastruktuur!!!!!!!!!..... En KORTBROEK ek hoop jy lees hierdie....... en kry jou g%t in rat saam met al jou makkers en begin doen wat julle veronderstel is om te doen met ONS BELASTING GELD!!!!... julle is net public servants .......slaan die woord letterlik na en kyk na die betekenis!!!!!!   :fbash
Nog `n ding .......al die inkomste van die nuwe boot registrasies en skippers tickets vir binnelandse waters!!!!!!! nie `n slegte beginsel tov beheer nie......... MAAR waar word al hierdie addisonele inkomste verdoessel??????.....defnitief nie terug in die belang van die relvante sport nie en so sal dit ook nie wees met vehoogte hengel lisensies  PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!!!!....Kortbroek aka. Papbroek